The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide.
Training Mentor Lead
Kaizen is seeking multiple Training Mentor Leads (TM Lead) for an upcoming long-term development project in the West Bank and Jordan. The emphasis of the Palestinian Authority (PA) Security Sector Reform Program (SSRP) is to develop and support the PA institutions needed to oversee, support, and maintain the PA Security Forces (PASF) and other PA-related justice and corrections functions. The TM Lead will be based in the Program Management Office – West Bank or Amman, Jordan. The West Bank TM Lead is responsible for overseeing all TM activities at West Bank training locations. The Jordan TM Lead is responsible for overseeing all TM activities at the Jordan International Police Training Center (JIPTC) and Prince Hussein Bin Abdullah II Academy of Civil Protection (ACP) in Jordan.
Location of Duties: West Bank, Palestine or Amman, Jordan
- Ensure that all courses are conducted on time and to standard.
- Coordinate with and seek guidance from the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) and the US Security Coordinator (USSC).
- Ensure all training courses are properly planned, delivered, and monitored to ensure that PASF students receive all US sponsored training.
- Coordinate with supporting contractors or service providers to ensure adequate delivery of US developed/sponsored training.
- Oversee all MTT personnel and operations.
- Conduct Training Familiarization for all TM members.
- Analyze and identify steps to improve the comprehension and quality of training.
- Develop and implement comprehensive formal program evaluations to include written reports as necessary utilizing available program metrics and reporting processes for training, student performance, facilities and logistics. Compile the results of the evaluation for the USSC and INL.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive evaluation program of all TM personnel to ensure properly focused monitoring and mentoring of training delivered by instructors.
- Resolve issues identified by TMs in delivery of training.
- Supervise the development of lesson plans as required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience related to training design, delivery and evaluation. Strongly prefer foreign experience in a high-risk Middle-Eastern locale.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a role of personnel management and supervision.
- Project management and administrative oversight of project, personnel, and fiscal resources.
- Employee training, mentoring, and discipline and managing training teams.
- Curriculum development, review, and delivery.
- Demonstrated, applied knowledge of Adult Learning Theory, Facilitation, Motivation, Behavioral Science, Strategic Planning and Leadership.
- Expertise in Training Needs Assessment, Gap Analysis, and Instructional Design.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred) plus advanced training and experience in Instructional Design, Training Delivery, Performance Evaluation, or Leadership and Supervision of personnel.
To be eligible, candidates must be able to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) certification.