Application Deadline: April 26, 2017
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is a small international development consulting firm located in Washington, DC. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change. Kaizen is currently seeking graduate students to join our team as Graduate Associates (interns) for Summer 2017, preferably starting in May and lasting through August.
This internship is best suited for MBA, NGO Management, International Relations/Development or Foreign Affairs graduate students interested in entering the field of international development. The internship comes with a modest stipend. It is expected that the selected Graduate Associate will work full time.
- Engage with real-world approaches to complex international development issues around the world.
- Gain practical understanding of new business processes through observation and participation in proposal development for new projects.
- Contribute to the research and development of new, innovative service offerings.
- Learn the basic principles of multi-donor project management through hands-on training related to Kaizen’s active USAID, Department of State, and other contracts.
- Apply and test strategic thinking to the development of systems and processes in a rapidly growing company.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an entrepreneurial self-starter, and works well without excessive supervision.
- Has previous professional experience, ideally working in consulting, management, organizational reform, or information technology.
- Is interested in entering the field of development assistance.
- Has strong internet research skills.
- Is a good communicator.
- Is currently enrolled in a graduate program (required); exceptional undergraduate candidates may apply pending extensive office experience and at least 3 prior internships.
- Graphic design, social media, and communications skills are a plus.
If you are interested in this position and have most or all of the desired qualifications, please submit a CV, a cover letter explaining key qualifications and availability, and the names and contact information for 3 references (professional and/or academic).